All About The Car - 1941 Willys Coupe
The body choice that we have gone for is something a little bit different than what you normally see on an Altered chassis - generally speaking you don't see a fully body with doors. It's a "Pro Mod" 1941 Willys Coupe body from Vanishing Point Race Cars (now R2B2 Race Car Company) in the States. It is the same body style that is commonly used/seen in the Pro Modified class. The front clip is removable and the rear half can hinge up "Funny Car style". The doors are fully usable (unlike other Funny Car bodies), plus there is also an escape hatch in the roof.
With this wild body style and the 'old school' red with flames paintscheme the car looks like it's knocking on 200 mph even when it's just sitting still!!!
The chassis that's under the '41 Willys Coupe body is an all chromoly Mark Williams Altered/Funny Car design that was built for us by Buck Engineering Chassiworks. It's 115" wheelbase to suit the Willys body. Aside from the Hoosier tyres all around, Weld Aluma Star 2.0 wheels, AutoMeter gauges, RPM Performance data logger, and Sparco onboard fire extinguisher system, one of the main features of the chassis is the Mark Williams Modular 9" Floater Rear End. With it's heavy duty 3.812" bore aluminium case, 40 spline steel milled spool, 3.89 gears, lightened discs with Mark Williams calipers, and one-piece axle.
It's almost too beautiful to hide by putting a body on the car!
The engine is an all billet aluminium killer small block. Built by Marsh Motorsport it's 400 cubic inches and estimated to be in the 2000 horsepower range.
The engine/driveline features such "goodies" as:
• CN Blocks 2010Y (cross bolted mains) billet small block Chev
• CP-Carrillo pistons
• GRP "Pro Series" billet rods
• Bryant billet blower crankshaft
• RCD Engineering crankshaft support
• AJPE (Alan Johnson) billet small block Chev heads
• PAC Racing valve springs
• Victory titanium valves
• LSM 55mm billet roller (raised) camshaft
• Moroso 5 stage dry sump oiling
• 10-71 Hi Helix "The Blower Shop" supercharger
• AJPE (Alan Johnson) magnesium blower manifold
• Enderle "Big and Ugly" injection scoop
• RCD Engineering tall gear drive with fuel pump extension
• RCD Engineering front drive for the Mag
• MSD 20 AMP Pro-Mag
• MSD Points Box
• MSD Programmable Pro-Mag Controller
• RPM Performance"'Pro Blower System" data logger
• Rossler Transmissions "Terminator 6"' Powerglide
• Neal Chance Racing Converters 10" full billet torque converter
• DMPE billet flexplate